March Madness

     This month I decided to resume my service with recirculating farms NOLA  since spring time is slowly coming although with bad storms it was nice to be outside again even if it was so brief. Most of my time this month was spent studying for the NBME pharmacology exam which is also our final. The exam is at the beginning of April so this is c lunch time for me. It is really interesting to see how I can successful integrate all I have learned in the past year. I remember starting the program in August and now being near the end is almost bitter sweet. the work does not end since I will be studying for my MCAT and applying to medical school this summer. I am uncertain of what the future currently holds for me with regards to my service opportunities and continuing to work with organizations I am passionate about. With the restrictions of the pandemic slowly loosening I hope to explore other means to help the New Orleans community. 

    The majority of march was dedicated to NBME studying and participating in class discussions in Neuro Pharmacology, Endocrine Pharmacology and Environmental signaling. Although it has taken a lot of hardwork to get to the end of the program,  it is great to see how well all the modules we have covered integrate and inter relate to one another. It is a little over whelming to see ut all come together and I honestly am happy we are scheduled for April 1st instead oof a later time. I am slowly getting to the point of burn out mixed with senioritis so it has been an adjustment of exceptions as well as study habits to get to this point. My plan is to give myself sometime to relax and rejuvenate after the final before tackling the MCAT.   My goal is to start working on my medical school applications early enough so I am not rushed when the summer application season starts.Although getting a job related to pharmacology or medicine is recommended I am keeping my options open due to the fact that I want to explore my more creative side and seek work experience related to my interests outside of medicine. Mentally I felt like I initially resisted the push but I am trying to focus on authentically being myself and doing things that also fuel my mind.


    I am hopeful about ending the program on a high note. The connections I made early on are starting to pay off especially with NBME studying, medical school essays and resume tips. In the past year I know I have grown so much mentally and academically. The content Ive learned has broadened the way I understand concepts in medicine as well as how I apply the information I have learnt. the next month will be more challenges and hurdles to jump before getting to the finish line but I am hopeful; that I have what it takes to get to the end and reward myself for this growth process. 



March Volunteer hours: 4

Semester Volunteer hours: 11


    

Comments

Popular Posts