Chapter Ending

     Whew! how time flies when you're having fun. this month I continued to volunteer with SPROUT NOLA.   This month was a little different because spring months allow us to continue the farmers market for members of the New Orleans community. I enjoyed volunteering at the farmer's market this month because I love interacting with different cultures. Although it was my first time working in the market, I found that I adapted quickly to the fast pace of trading, bagging produce, and sorting out change for cash transactions. I also engaged in community projects closer to downtown New Orleans. I am organizing a recycling initiative for the members of my building, since moving here one of the startling things I found out was that the city has a poor recycling system. So far we have been able to find a means to get all members of the apartment community involved, I am hopeful for how the project will turn out. We ended our curriculum on a lighter note and I ended up giving one of the last presentations of the Advances course.

            The Pharmacology NBME final was one of the most challenging and rewarding exams I studied for. I was able to push myself above my usual limits and my studying paid off. Since academics were lighter this month, I was able to pursue my interests in medical specialties I was interested in. Shadowing Dr. Mulcahey at Tulane lakeside Sports medicine clinic was one of the most rewarding things I participated in this month. Not only did we look at X-rays for arthritis, but we also looked at the consults for various muscle and bone issues. Being in the clinical environment really motivates me to continue pursuing my dreams to become a physician especially while trying to study for the MCAT. Although the program is coming to a quick end, I am very appreciative of the vital connections I have made.




Comments

Popular Posts